Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Episode 245 Discussion: 13th April 2013

Resting Period for the Hostage Drama. Time to show affection and to be either receptive to it or not.

Events of the Episode 
  1. Radhaji convinces Madhu to eat, reasoning out to her that without energy she would not be able to fight.Radhaji leaves at RK's prompt once Madhu starts eating. RK watches Madhu eating food. Looks very calm and pleased about and does not disturb her until Power-outage happens and room is darkened.
  2. We have parallel scenes shown to us over the same power outage scenario. Aryan and MAdhu are afraid of dark and we have Sultan and RK taking care of them in their respective settings. Sultan's scene had the musical lighter sound and Sultan remembering Madhu's parenting lecture to him, that its okay to be scared as it means a sign of being human and living person. That is how he soothes a frightened Aryan.RK'scene has lighter too and lits up all candles around Madhu, with him asking not to be afraid, as he is there besides her.
  3. While Aryan is all happy with his father taking care of him, here Madhu is unhappy with RK's antics. She is unable to appreciate what he is doing as she remembers one particular night, where dreams were presented with lit candles around her. What a big DHOKA it was to be cheated that way. 
  4. By the end of these scenes Aryan is asking his father Sultan if he will get Madhu if he behaved. Kaka and Sultan have no answer. In contrast in RK Mansion, RK actually goes to Madhu and asks her tie his bandage as it got opened. Madhu doesn't want to tie it, but reluctantly gives in to her urge to be kind. She shows mercy on her heart and also RK's wish and ties the bandage. While she is tying the bandage, RK is remembering the karwa Chouth scene where she fasted for him without caring for her health. As she ties the bandage, she sheds tears on his hand as she remembers the candle-lit dream that RK showed her one night, about their small simple life.
  5. RK asks Madhu why she gave a balm in the form of her tears when he asked her just to tie the bandage. Irritated Madhu tells him not everything is about him, to which RK refutes and states that when it is she, its only about him (as she certainly was thinking about his deceit). Its pathos for both of them, may be which should be treated as bathos and yet scene just becomes realistic...as hate/love/fight or be friendly, they have enmeshed themselves with each other. 
  6. The last 2 and half mins minutes, we see RK watching Madhu asleep, caressing Madhu's hair while she is asleep. RK affectionately pulls a sleeping Madhu towards himself supporting her against himself in his arms. He looks very pleased and remembers the studio night when in a similar manner he supported her while she was falling off into fire.

Pnars Poems
Originally posted by pnars

I am greedy
For you

I want with avarice
I want your love
I even want the loathing in your big brown eyes
The flash of disbelief as I spout my lies
The swish of your stole as you march away
Your every step into my home makes my day
I am greedy!

I need, like summer ice
I need to feel the weight of your head on my chest
I need to see you tremble in the dark and seek my breast
I need you shackled next to me as I take my rest
Did I say I'm greedy?

I depend on you to kiss my hurts
Shush me as I curse the scabs
Scold me for being bad
Cause inside I'm just a child
A greedy, needy, grasping, yearning child!


Episode Reviews
It was a filler-builder episode. Resting Period for the Hostage Drama. A brief -lull period when thoughts need to be gathered around for next round of action until the situation is resolved.

Can someone tell me which IPL game was on today ?
__________________________________
Screentime Distribution
  1. RK-MB-Rji Scene - 2:40 mins
  2. RK-MB when RK watches her from behind  - 50 secs
  3. Power cut and simultaneous scenes between Sultan villa and RK Mansion - 7:42 mins
  4. RK-MB scene  when the song and interaction is played - 5.44 mins
  5. RK watch when MB goes to sleep - 2:41 mins

Total Airtime : 19:37 mins

__________________________________

30 seconds of yesterday's repeat.  Radhaji was pleading with Madhu to have her supper as we go past 2nd minute of the video watching.  RK was at an angle where he can see only his mother's expressions. He saw she pleaded with Madhu and she ate. Question is...What did he feel at that point ? I couldn't read VD's face. He was not smirking or happy or frivolous about. It looked a grim observation to me. Does he realize the grim reality of that ? Will he have to call his mother for every meal-serving time for Madhu ? So how does he register what he observes ? Is he going to keep this for a 24 hr period or what is his strategy at this point ? As a captive in his den, I the viewer; on Madhu's behalf was trying to understand what. What did he guage ? Because then only I can plan my next step. Must confess, RK gave a very inscrutable face. I am little flustered to know that I cannot inch forward in trying to break out of captivity.
The "Thank You Maa" was then a conscious gesture to his mother that her services have been appreciated and no longer required. Wish, Radhaji  stayed put and we would have known, how RK does an OUTT to his mother. LOL

The RK-Watch continues. How long he is going to watch his Biwi like that ? Without blinking his eyes or drooling? 

Then the infamous plot-clunk and Editing Mix comes up using the Power Outage. Most of the Apartment Complexes these days, even in Indian B-Class Cities have generator-driven power back-up facilities. Its must per the new Civil Engineering Policies in Construction Business.  But apparently in MBverse, even Posh Apartment Complexes in Mumbai where RK resides, a power outage happens and no power-backup kicks in. Apparently this is very frequent, and that is why his room is strewn with candle-sticks with candles all over the places.  Well, so if I forget the plot-device of Power-outage for a moment, then what do we have ? 

We have two men taking care of "flowers" who are afraid of Dark.We have Sultan taking care of Aryan.  And we have RK taking care of Madhu's fear of dark (though controlled - nowadays she doesn't panic, she is learning to deal with it Clap). While Aryan is all happy with his father taking care of him, here Madhu is unhappy with RK's antics. She is unable to appreciate what he is doing as she remembers one particular night, where dreams were presented with lit candles around her. What a big DHOKA it was to be cheated that way. 

This dialogue when RK shows his lighter was out of place for me. "Daro Mat Biwi. Main hoon tumhaare paas, tumhaare saat, Hamesha." It was dubbed in a way that was like  SD, "You need to be freaked out" and instead I laughed. LOL
Sultan's scene had the musical lighter sound and Sultan remembering Madhu's parenting lecture to him, that its okay to be scared as it means a sign of being human and living person. That is how he soothes a frightened Aryan.

The contrast essentially is to show that RK now may freak out Madhu, for remembering all small tiny details about her and trying to take care of her, whereas Sultan actually remembers Madhu's advice and trying to follow it when dealing with his son. Well ST&Crew may try to sell the contrast hard. But sorry, I could not be freaked out by RK's supposedly creepy dialogue nor too overly impressed about how Sultan remembered Madhu's advice. There ST&Crew you have my feedback.  Nothing touched my heart in the contrasting scenes.

By the end of these scenes Aryan is asking his father Sultan if he will get Madhu if he behaved. Kaka and Sultan have no answer. Apparently, ST & Crew, are asking this question to viewers, so that our feedback is read by them and they can next time make Kaka present an answer to Aryan and give us the direction of the plot. In contrast in RK Mansion, RK actually goes to Madhu and asks her tie his bandage as it got opened. Madhu doesn't want to tie it, but reluctantly gives in to her urge to be kind. She shows mercy on her heart and also RK's wish and ties the bandage.

The dialogue..."Humne jo patti apne zakhm pe bandhwayi, to aap kyon roye"....again the dubbing was done to give a creepy effect.  This is a lyrical dialogue taken from the song "Jo humne daastan apni sunayi, to aap kyon roye" from Film Woh Kaun Thi. That movie is a suspence-thriller. Hmmm! 100 years of Indian Cinema.  But surprisingly the CVs had mercy on us and decided to make the scene real to us. Madhu tries to get RK from his shaayari mode, gives him a reality check which only serves RK as he gives reality check to Madhu...that he is not assuming self-importance, he has been given that importance by her as well by embedding him in all her memories. Its pathos for both of them, may be which should be treated as bathos and yet scene just becomes realistic...as hate/love/fight or be friendly, they have enmeshed themselves with each other. The malham (balm) by way of her tears again may sound creepy or clingy for many, but from his point of view, I just felt as him being enbalmed by her sheer thought for him, which is suspect and rare, a luxury in present times. She does get the reality check...that she should not be thinking about him and moves away.

The last 2 and half mins minutes, the way I see it genuine plot/story development. Because MB is asleep. She is not seeing RK or doubting his actions. Only viewers are seeing RK. And this is the first time we are seeing where the man is actually being affectionate to MB. The way he is trying to get her sleep over his shoulders, its like he wants to have that pleasure of being that support and not let that couch or the pillows be her support LOL.  Let him have the pleasure until MB wakes up. Secret pleasures !!!

What the CVs are doing through the RK flashback scenes are their clarification on RK character, about when RK was really genuine with MB and not faking. This is part of RK-unravelling plot which started on Tuesday, the affectionate side and the craziness for MB. The viewers are able to see both aspects, while MB is seeing only craziness as RK cannot show his affection to MB yet...she is not receptive yet and so any of his affectionate display will go as aggressive ploy and come across as crazy act to her.
_____________________

I wondered why I gave a detailed review for a filler-builder episode.  I remembered that it was Saturday, and usually Saturday, the CVs try to make it emotional plotline to match the show title MEIEJ. Also I am more relaxed and have time on hands. Smile

Originally posted by 0-SD-0

Can someone tell me which IPL game was on today ?

Royal Challengers Bangalore v/s Chennai Super Kings(won).

Red_Opium
Today was mostly portray of emotions through actions; hence less words were spoken.  After all those nonstop dialogues being fired for the past three conscutive days, even RK need it a break. I enjoyed watching the episode.  
My Likes:
  • Radha still acting as a buffer
  • RK's request for help from Madhu (directly for his wound/indirectly for their togetherness)
  • Exchange of lines between Madhu and RK in regards to  his arrogance... The Raja story was a nice touch, but Dear Madhu you can't beat the man at his own game! He always has answers as long as the topic doesn't require a love confession from him 
  • RK remembering the studio night
My dislike:
  • Arryan and his father's growing obsession with Madhu on the other side of town  
Precap: CVs have their own mind.  I would've been satisfied to see Madhu's reaction when she wakes up leaning against RK on the sofa, just the way it happened in the morning after Studio Night episode... The drama must continue; therefore, the handcuffs and pillows make their way to our screensD'oh

 pnars
He is devastating when he's mouthing off dialogues, but he's deadly when he's silent and loving. Kudos to Madhu for steeling herself and resisting him. The romantic mood was not all there, because she's not willing to play, very aptly. Make him grovel before you give an ounce, Madhu!

I think he is NOW finally actually falling in love with her as he realizes how important she is to him. Next will come the realization of how much he's destroyed her love. That will be painful.

Can't wait!

MM's Creative Corner - Page 7 
Letter to Madhubala
Originally posted by MarathiMulgi


Dear Madhubala,

I am writing to you as your well wisher and a concerned viewer. I have been a witness to your journey so far. I cried with you when your heart was broken, I cheered you in your efforts to move on and now I find myself looking at you as you sleep in RK mansion.
You are exhausted by the day's events which took you by surprise and you did everything to protest against being here. However now you are taking a small break, to gather your energy to start the fight anew again tomorrow. Why am I writing to you? Because, unknown to you, your crazy husband is showing me that he cares for you. He looks at you lovingly, caresses your hair and is generally being very gentle and loving. I am astonished to see that the guy who manhandled you, kidnapped you, blackmailed you emotionally to be around him, that same person is being very tender and caring towards you. I know you will not believe me. I could not too. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. Initially I refused to believe thinking now what is he up to? But I think Madhu, your husband is finally falling in love with you. Though the realization of the magnitude of injustices he heaped on you is not there fully, I think he is realizing that you are not responding to him the way you used to before. That particular feeling is making him restless. He is unable to express his feelings when you are awake.
I know you will ask me, so what is stopping him to show his TLC to me when I am wide awake. The thing is I don't know the answer to that either. I so wanted to reach inside my screen and shake you to wake you up and tell you ,look Madhu see what you are missing. Your jaw would have surely dropped.

It looks like for now, you need to be asleep (aka act indifferent) longer for your husband to realize the situation. I think this is his way to gather courage to admit to himself (and to me of course) that just keeping you around him does not mean things will go back to what they were before. He really needs to make every effort to heal your wounds. He might act more crazily if you keep your no-response stance but I don't want you to give in easily at all.

I hope for your and his sake to that, that day is not too far when he owns up his mistakes completely and starts working towards winning over you by first letting you go. I will wait for you to trust him again and accept him and his love wholeheartedly. Because only then will I accept this love story and think it is now complete

Sincerely,
Your well wisher and viewer of MBEIEJ

Snapshots by river123

Originally posted by river123



Here's a few very amateurish attempts at screen shots of scenes from the episode that caught my eye. Big smile  









Red_Opium


Originally posted by SD
 >>>>>What the CVs are doing through the RK flashback scenes are their clarification on RK character, about when RK was really genuine with MB and not faking. This is part of RK-unravelling plot which started on Tuesday, the affectionate side and the craziness for MB. The viewers are able to see both aspects, while MB is seeing only craziness as RK cannot show his affection to MB yet...she is not receptive yet and so any of his affectionate display will go as aggressive ploy and come across as crazy act to her.

Shri great analysis, loved the above mentioned lines. I think CVs understand the importance of such clarification, it is a must for winning over the audiences' trust. 

Originally posted by SD
>>>>>The dialogue..."Humne jo patti apne zakhm pe bandhwayi, to aap kyon roye"...again the dubbing was done to give a creepy effect.  This is a lyrical dialogue taken from the song "Jo humne daastan apni sunayi, to aap kyon roye" from Film Woh Kaun Thi. That movie is a suspence-thriller.


I recognize the similarities between the song and his dialogue Smile, and here is the link for the original song if anyone wants to see it.. 

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EtxLiW8OhM&sns=em[/YOUTUBE]

Responded by Myself

I actually watched the movie today.  Smile 

And honest to God ! the suspense I had first when I watched the movie, though it was missing, what I saw today was how screenplay is constructed to play all kinds of images and suspicions in your mind about everyone in the film. They infact chose Helen for Seema, so that half the time you do not concentrate on romance, but just keep thinking what's the mystery there? Why MK would go for Helen...and then soon she is murdered.  Except for the Wipers part, everything is explained later.  Infact MEIEJ is also like that. We hardly trust anyone other than Madhu even if the actions are sometimes not to our taste. LOL  In this movie I was quite surprised that Manoj Kumar is really eager to go ahead with his marriage/wife once he agrees to marry...very unlike our TV Soaps, where Men need an year to forget their Ex-Loves inspite of being married and their wife being before them day and night, 5-6 days a week. Films are really sometimes refreshing change from daily soaps.


ennishet

Originally posted by 0-SD-0
>>>>>This dialogue when RK shows his lighter was out of place for me. "Daro Mat Biwi. Main hoon tumhaare paas, tumhaare saat, Hamesha." It was dubbed in a way that was like  SD, "You need to be freaked out" and instead I laughed. LOL
There ST&Crew you have my feedback.  Nothing touched my heart in the contrasting scenes.


Awesome analysis, SD!

The dialogue wala scene which many loved, had the same impact on me as you described. I neither found it creepy nor romantic.

The contrasting scenes didn't affectme - in fact as soon as Aryan comes on screen I just blank out as I know he will not stop his 'Madhu-Jhaap' nor will Sultan stop his 'Madhu- mania'. Both are equally besotted. Aryan is still a child, but Sultan confuses me. Does he really think Madhu will pair up with him? Given his profession? And he wants that life for her? I know he isn't still thinking that ahead, but he needs to before doing anything stupid.

If Zorica is reading this, just a reminder that I miss her posters very much. Hope she reconsiders and comes back to this thread. This thread seems incomplete without Zorica's and Syl's pictures.


zoya_naziya
Nice reviews everyone...  I quite liked the setting and the ambience of the scene despite it being a plot clunk...

Thanks Shri, for the explanation re. RK's supposed creepy voice... It was hardly creepy... It felt totally flat for me...

Re. RK glistened eyes, I think it is only when he sees love in those eyes for him, his eyes become moist... However relieved/happy he might be at seeing the love in her eyes, it must prolly hurt him bad as well. The anger, hurt, disgust in her eyes do not hurt him as much coz that is the most natural and expected emotions ...   All these days, he didn't equate his abominable act to betrayal.. Am assuming Dipzy showing him the mirror did the magic.. Is it asking for too much from RK?

And may be he understands the gravity of his act, but in the present face of his insecurity/fear of losing her, he is consciously over-riding a lot of things and focussing on only having her close to him... He also knows what betrayal(assumed/real) is... And most importantly what kind of a person he has become... And actually having her close to him, i think he is understanding/ getting the answers to his/Madhu's/Radha's questions as well.

Am I assuming too much? Am I actually seeing things which are not true?

No comments:

Post a Comment